The products listed below are representative System Setups for different types of Shear testing that can be provided by VJ Tech which are used with the associated software to control, monitor, execute and produce results for the various types of Shear test.
They can be tailored to your requirements according to Shearbox sample sizes, Horizontal Load measurement etc. Typical Shear System setups include;
- The ShearSCAN Pro using stepper motors for applying vertical and horizontal load to the sample and the advanced electronics enable the system to carry out automated cyclic shearing, in addition to direct and residual shear. The ShearSCAN Pro can also carry out Oedometer testing using the supplied adaptor (requires csOEDO). The self-contained tabletop model eliminates the need for the numerous weights used in dead weight systems.
- The Direct/Residual Shear Test System which has automated data logging and is supplied complete with a lever loading device, hanger and shearbox carriage all mounted on a floor standing frame
- The Large Direct/Residual Shear system which is specifically designed for testing large specimen sizes up to 300mm square and has automatic data acquisition. The horizontal load is applied electro-mechanically and the vertical load is applied using a hydraulic actuator
- The Automated Direct/Residual Shear Test System which utilises the pneumatic loading concept for applying the vertical load to the sample when carrying out automated shear testing. The self-contained tabletop model eliminates the need for the numerous weights used in dead weight systems and the purpose built support stand enables the system to be wheeled around the laboratory
- The Bromhead style Ring Shear Test System in which a rotational shearing action is applied continuously until a constant residual strength value is achieved. Because there is no change in the area of the cross section of the shear plane, the sample can be sheared through an uninterrupted displacement of any magnitude
- The Unsaturated Shear Testing System which utilises the pneumatic loading concept for applying the vertical load to an unsaturated sample.
Applicable Geotechnical Standards:
Select the product you are interested in below to see details;